Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas at the Smithsonian

In 2009 I finished my Masters degree in Palaeoanthropology and Palaeolithic Archaeology at University College London.  I met my husband when I was on excavation in central Spain, and I'm looking forward to a conference in March in Kyoto, Japan, where I will get to present a poster I've collaborated on, on prehistoric hominids and their cognitive abilities.  So when I'm not crafting, a lot of my life is taken up with archaeology!

So when I saw I was getting a lot of Etsy hits from the Smithsonian online magazine, I was thrilled to see my Stone Tool Earrings featured in their article on Hominid Gifts for the Holidays!


The matching ring and necklace have sold, but the earrings are still there!  What a nice Christmas surprise to be somehow associated with the Smithsonian... even if it's not to do with my research!!

Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment