Thursday 23 February 2012

Felt Pebbles: Crafting Fail

I am in love with felt pebbles.  They are so cute!  On Etsy months back I came across a pillow cover that had many felt pebbles covering it, and it really looked like a pebble pillow!  I've done a bit of searching and I can't find it again, or any like it.  I've thought, though, that I'd like to try and make my own.

Felting seems to be what happens when wool gets wet and shrinks (for example when a sweater goes in the wash!).  I thought, it couldn't be that hard... and had a stab at it one afternoon, with grand ideas to make a Valentine's Day gift for my husband!

What happened unfortunately was a bit of a fuzzy mess... I think I'll have to revisit this project.  It's didn't work due to my inability to follow instructions.  Oops!  Pictures to follow as I documented the mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment