Tuesday 11 June 2013

Peach Cookies Recipe Translation


Aren't these the cutest cookies ever?  I stumbled upon this blog from a picture on Pinterest and am in love!  How delicious :)  The only thing - it's in French!  Since I'm trying to get my French up to snuff before I go there this summer, it's good practise for me to translate, but I wanted to share the translation too so we can all have the chance to try this gorgeous recipe - it doesn't seem as hard as it looks!

For the cookie dough you will need:

140g of softened butter
90g of sugar
320g of flour
1 teaspoon of yeast
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or 1 sachet of vanilla sugar if you are in France!)
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of peach flavouring
a few drops of peach colouring
1 egg

For the decoration you will need:

peach jam
150g caster sugar
100g green almond paste
50g dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix together the sugar and butter.  Add the flavouring, colour and 1 beaten egg and mix it so it is creamy.  Slowly mix in the flour, and add the salt and yeast.  You'll get a dough that's soft and malleable.

Form 20g balls and lightly flatten them on a baking sheet in the shape of a half peach.  With a mystery implement (I couldn't translate what the above item is!) or something similar, lightly indent one of the sides.  Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies start to colour.  The recipe doesn't say what temperature to bake them on - but use your own common sense and knowledge of your oven!  I'd try 160 C on my own (I'll report back when I have tried these myself!).

When they are cooked, leave them until they are completely cool.  Paste the peach halves together with jam.  Coat the peaches in jam, but make sure to not put too much (or you risk making the cookies soggy), and roll them in caster sugar.  Decorate with the almond paste in the shape of leaves, and place a chip of dark chocolate for the stem.

Et voila!

This is a translation from Delices d'Orient - I highly recommend a visit even if you don't speak French, the pictures are beautiful and the recipes delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment